Digital File Specifications
We at Elegant Printing understand that you want your ideas transformed into a beautiful printed piece. A key component to this is providing files that are of high quality and press ready. It is Elegant Printing’s ambition to help you through the proper steps to create or provide proper printing files. The following information below has been provided so that you may provide the proper type of file or files.
APPLICATIONS FILES ARE ACCEPTED IN
- • Adobe InDesign
- • Adobe Illustrator
- • Adobe Photoshop
- • Adobe PDF
- • QuarkXPress
- • Files submitted to us should include all the original editable graphic files as well as a high resolution PDF.
- • Also included with them should be all fonts and placed files used in the job.
- • If possible PLEASE also include a version with all the fonts converted to Outlines/Curves in programs that allow this. (Such as: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign.)
- • All Acrobat PDF files must be Saved/Distilled using the High Resolution Setting with All Fonts Embedded. Bleed & Crop Marks must be manually set when saving a file to PDF format. Each program and operating system has a different way of doing this. (Export to PDF, Save as PDF, Print to PostScript file and Distill in Acrobat Distiller, etc.)
- • All Microsoft programs DO NOT have color separation ability. This means that even though you can print them on your color laser printer or color copier, they DO NOT work for Offset Printing unless:
- - Microsoft Word (.doc files can be saved as .pdf files and printed as 1 color or full color files.)
- - Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt files can be saved as .pdf files and printed as 1 color or full color files.)
- - Microsoft Excel (.xls files can be saved as .pdf files and printed as 1 color or full color files.)
- - Microsoft Publisher (.pub files see below.)
- • Any Microsoft Publisher files are usually unprintable, unless you are able to convert them to PDF format. (Beware: Graphics & fonts tend to bitmap and convert to very Lo-Res files. Be sure to proof these files thoroughly before submitting them to us. We are sometimes able to do this for you if you have all attached files & fonts used in the job included in a separate folder with (.pub) file.
MICROSOFT PROGRAMS & PRINTING